Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Comedy Gold

And now for the lighter side of missions.

So I mentioned that I’ve been meeting lots of scorpions. Now I’ll tell you a recipe for a “great” prank.

- Take one scorpion, freshly discovered from the outdoor storage shed.
- Remove the scorpion’s stinger.
- Place harmless scorpion on your shirt.
- Walk into your friend’s room, acting as though you don’t know about the scorpion.
- Hilarity ensues.

Yeah, this stroke of brilliance appeared to me as I was cleaning the outside bodega. I found a tiny scorpion and was going to kill it, since it’s not a good idea to have them around. Their sting is extremely potent and in some cases, dangerous. But as I went to kill it, brilliance struck me.

I removed the stinger and placed it on my shirt, where it clung there. Then I walked into Dan’s room and innocuously asked what he was up to. He looked straight at me, but didn’t say anything. So he read me something touching from the orphanage. Naturally, I couldn’t ruin the moment, so I listened. (If you have a chance to read it, you really should. The address is http://dustyfeet.wordpress.com)

In any case, he never noticed, so before I left, I took matters into my own hands. I suddenly cried out and looked down in panic at my shirt. Dan sprung into action, looking for something to hit it with. He’s frantically searching around the room and I’m just standing there. Finally, I said, “Oh, I know what I’ll do!”

Then, I picked it up with my bare hands as he watched in horror. Then, with my hand around the scorpion, a huge grin spread across my face.

He probably wants to kill me.

Well… Dan does, not the scorpion.

It was totally worth it.